The Music Ministry of Hope Bible Church exists to bring glory to God by leading and drawing His people into “spirit and truth” worship of Him (John 4:24) through the skillful and careful use of music. In addition, the music ministry also supports other ministries at Hope with audio and video technical expertise.
The Music Ministry strives to achieve the following objectives:
- Lead the congregation in musical worship of God, not only by direction and instruction, but also by example.
- Carefully select and use music that conveys Biblical truth through lyrics that are theologically and doctrinally sound.
- Maintain musical excellence in the use of the gifts that God has given to the singers and musicians within the ministry, which honors God and eliminates distractions.
- Cooperate with all other aspects of the worship service (e.g., announcements, offering, Lord’s Supper, sermon, etc.) to facilitate an environment of worship.
- Support the teaching of God’s Word by ensuring that sermons and other presentations can be seen, heard, and understood by as many people as possible (including some remote/online participants).
- Plan special services to worship God during certain seasons of the year, such as Christmas and Easter.
- Support the music needs of other ministries such as prayer meetings, conferences and retreats.
The various groups that perform the above objectives include:
- Choirs (Worship Choir and Gospel Choir)
- Vocal Ensembles
- Special Music vocalists (solos, duets, etc.)
- Praise team
- Audio Visual team
All members of the above teams must be a baptized member of Hope Bible Church in good standing, or a baptized child of a member family at least 14 years old.
For more information about the HBC Music Ministry, please contact Doug Baldridge.