Donating land to Hope Bible Church is a great way to support the work of God’s Kingdom as well as receive substantial tax benefits!
Why should I donate land when I could easily sell it?
- By donating some of your land you would actually be investing in eternity.
- People’s eternal destinies are being changed as a result of what God is doing at Hope Bible Church.
- We are seeing many people repenting from sin and being reconciled to God by faith, and they are now hungry to understand and apply God’s word—the Bible—to their everyday lives. Investing in that ministry yields dividends now in the form of people growing in godliness, strong families, and a restoration of the moral fabric that we used to take for granted in our society. But the eternal dividends are far greater!
- Through our ministry at home and abroad, numerous souls are passing from eternal damnation to eternal fellowship with the God of the universe!
- As Jesus advised in the Sermon on the Mount, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
What other benefits can donors realize?
More immediate advantages to donating some of your land include offsetting the tax you would pay on the sale of other acreage, and ensuring that your family’s property is not completely gobbled up by developers. However, if you desire to invest your property in what God is doing, the spiritual benefits will far outweigh the temporal advantages.
Why donate to HBC? Aren’t all churches the same?
No, they’re not.
- People from many backgrounds drive to HBC, in some cases well over an hour each Sunday, for two primary reasons: (1) to hear the Bible preached uncompromisingly, taught faithfully, and applied consistently and lovingly to their lives; and (2) because our people are genuinely loving and caring even to newcomers.
- The Bible is central to HBC in more than just our name. We agree with the Apostle Paul, who said “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.” The Bible is the source not just of what we believe and teach, but it is also our manual for living and ministering. Our people are hungry for it and being transformed by it.
- We believe in expository preaching, which is explaining the meaning of the entire Bible, including its application to our lives, without skipping over the parts that may seem controversial or hard to understand, and without mixing it with human philosophies. It is God’s infallible word to us, and we accept it as His powerful truth.
- We are an independent church, and God has uniquely blessed us with an extremely diverse congregation: African-Americans, Caucasians, Hispanics, Asians, and people from a wide variety of religious and cultural backgrounds are members of HBC. But we all have in common a hunger for the word of God and a desire to please God in our lives. We place a heavy emphasis on building strong families, as well as helping husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, and children to love and serve one another as God designed.
We would love to meet with you to explore this issue further. Of course, we want to serve your spiritual needs, as well, so please join us on Sunday mornings at 11:00 and see for yourself what Hope Bible Church is all about.
May God give you wisdom as you consider this need. Thank you for reading this request.
If you have questions, please contact Ross Levin.